Nicolaus Copernicus University

The Nicolaus Copernicus University which is situated in the north – central part of Poland. Our University has a long history and a strong tradition – now combined with a strong international focus. We are the biggest university in northern Poland, known not only for our progressive education, but also for carrying out outstanding research that has been internationally acknowledged, among others by AACSB Accreditation.


Nicolaus Copernicus University is the 5th university in Poland according to national ranking “Perspektywy” and 7th in Poland according Ranking Web of Universities. It employs over 4.000 people, among them there are over 2.000 university teachers and 600 professors. There are almost 40.000 students, who are studying at over 100 specializations at 18 departments.

Each year over 100 symposiums, conferences and scientists’ sessions take place and over 500 scholars from all over the world visit our university. Furthermore, the University is playing an increasingly important role for local companies and the development of the region

VISA Requirements

  • A valid passport (the passport expires no earlier than 3 months before the expiration date of requested visa; it has at least two blank pages - the visa is usually put in the form of visa sticker; the passport was issued in the past 10 years)
  • Visa application form
  • Current passport biometric photographs
  • A letter of acceptance as an Erasmus+ student from the Nicolaus Copernicus University with the dates of your studies in Toruń
  • An official statement from your home institution confirming the
    amount of grant
You may visit here for the full list of requirements: Check here

Eligibility and Requirements

  • You must have a cumulative GPA of 60%
  • You must have an academic support from school (Support Letter) to study abroad
  • High School Diploma or A level diploma (at least 3 subjects)
  • English Proficiency Requirement
    • B2 level of English (confirmed by TOEFL (87 points), IELTS academic (5.0), TOEIC (700) or other internationally recognized certificate).
    • B1 level of English (confirmed by IELTS 5.0 and higher or other certificate) can be accepted under condition that they pass English test on B2 level till the end of 1st year of studying
    • If the student doesn’t have IELTS or TOEFL but has confirmation of English medium, he/she will have a written test in English upon arrival to confirm level of English. But in case of English level lower than B1, the student will have to study Preparatory course first. If student doesn’t have IELTS OR confirmation of English medium, he should pass video interview first to get admission and after will write test of English upon arrival to confirm level of English. But in case of English level lower than B1, student will have to study Preparatory course first.

Courses and Tuition Fee


  • Architecture and Urban Planning

  • Civil Engineering

  • Computer Science

  • Economics

  • Finance and Accounting

  • Graphics

  • Language and Literature Studies (English)

  • Journalism and Social Communication

  • Language and Literature Studies (Spanish)

  • Tourism and Recreation

  • Management

  • International Relations


  • Economics

  • Finance and Accounting

  • Graphics

  • Internal Relations

  • Management


BA Programs - 3 years

MA Programs - 2 years

Documents Required

  • Scanned copy of the high school diploma with transcript

  • Apostille scan or legalization of the high school diploma

  • Scanned copy of a sworn translation into Polish of a high school diploma with a transcript

  • Language certificate: ECL certificate, State Certificate or IKO Certificate confirming knowledge of Polish language at level B1

  • Scanned copy of the passport

  • Birth certificate, in the case of a minor, and a scanned copy of a passport of one of the parents

  • Photo scan in the form of .jpg (evidence, passport)

  • You may register online here: ONLINE REGISTRATION

Job Prospect

  • Students can work unlimited, but study must be their priority
  • Student can stay for a year and later for as long as they have a job contract.

Other Schools in Poland